Please fill out the following form by March 30th and we will send out your active School Walkway pack.
Your Active School Walkway pack includes:
- A4 Active School Walkway plaque
- Green walkway route markers (x10) Each of the route markers includes lettering in the bottom (right) corner making it easy to incorporate the walkway into school based orienteering routes throughout the year.
- Blue Active School route markers (x4). These can be used as distance markers or to designate activity zones.
- Information Leaflet - The enclosed leaflet will provide you with ideas about how best to use your Active School Walkway. These can be added to your own ideas to maximise its usage throughout the school day and the school year.
- Guide to sign posting your Active School Walkway
We encourage all schools to launch their Active School Walkway during National Active School Week (23-27 April, 2018). The best way to do so is with a with a whole school FUN event. Share the photos/videos of your launch event on Twitter feeds @GetIreWalking, @activeflag, @SportIreland and @healthyIreland using the hashtags #activeschoolwalkway, #GoWalking to be in with a chance to win prizes for your school.
This project is jointly funded by the Dormant Accounts Sports Inclusion Fund and the Healthy Ireland Fund. This funding provides an opportunity for communities, key agencies and providers to come together in partnership to deliver physical activity amenities and services within schools, communities, cities and towns throughout Ireland. Get Ireland Walking and Active School Flag have come together under the Healthy Ireland Network to provide schools with the materials necessary to create their very own Active School Walkway.