Cork Walking Week 2020 is taking place on June 21st to 28th and will be a fun filled hub for all walking activity across Cork. The week-long celebration of walking will take place throughout Cork and encourages people to experience a multitude of walking opportunites in their local area.
The theme of this year’s walking week is Cork Walks Together as we continue to connect people through physical activity. Even though we are living with travel restrictions at the moment, moving by foot has increased significantly and Cork Walking Week is a way to celebrate this achievement.
Join us and Get Cork Walking together this June, starting on the summer solstice by sharing your walk with us. Post your photos, videos, walking routes, local information (attractions, or history) on walking in your area on social media, by email or post. Remember to use the hashtag #CorkWalksTogether.
Much of the content for Cork Walking Week 2020 will be delivered online and is open to all abilities. We have something for everyone!
- Showcase your local area, trails
- Walking Challenge
- Online Training Workshops with Mountaineering Ireland
- Returning to the Outdoors Questions & Answers session
- Workshops to get more from your walking
- Walk Ready Mobility Programme
- Treasure Hunt & Competitions
- To get involved contact Barry O'Connell firstname.lastname@example.org 083 439745
You can find out more here!